Werribee Park National Equestrian CentreEverything you need to know about your time at WPNEC.
Risk Management Conditions
- Werribee Park National Equestrian Centre Committee of Management considers it a privilege that you are allowed to bring your dog to this venue. We insist you keep your dog under effective control at all times. NO DOGS PERMITTED IN THE INDOOR ARENAS.
- Approved Safety Helmets must be worn at all times when riding.
- Cross Country obstacles must not be jumped/used unless a non-riding level one coach is present.
- Riding of horses bareback is prohibited.
- Riding of rugged and/or unbridled horses is prohibited.
- Any person may lead a maximum of two horses while mounted.
- Stallions must have an adult handler in the vicinity at all times.
- Horses are not permitted within/upon the quadrangle (between the barn and Indoor 1).
- Horses are not permitted near pedestrian door ways.
- Bicycles are not permitted in the Indoor Arenas or any stable block. Approved helmets must be worn at all times.
- Bicycles are not permitted near doors designated as public entrances or exits.
- Motor Cyclist riders must wear approved safety helmets and hold the appropriate licence.
- Speed limits must be adhered to at all times, the speed limit at WPNEC is 10km p/h.
- Power leads must not be on the ground or over roadways.
- Construction of portable/tape yards is prohibited.
- Alcohol must not be consumed in the Indoor Arenas, unless purchased from the licensed bar located in Indoor Arena No 1.
- Please observe all signs at the venue.
- Horses must be tied in a safe manner. Horses must not be tied to unattached floats, wheelie bins etc.
- No infrastructure to be erected on WPNEC Grounds without written approval by management prior to event.
- Entry and Exit doors to Indoor Arenas are not be obstructed at any time.
These conditions apply unless the Manager or the Committee of Management has given the discipline/event/activity concerned an exemption.
- All stabling requirements must be booked on the entry form
- Stables will be available for occupancy from 2pm on Monday 4th December 2017 and must be vacated by 11am Monday 13th December 2017. Any interstate horses aiming to arrive earlier or departing later than this must book for any hours/days outside of the above allocated times with WPNEC directly.
- Stables will be allocated in the following order of preference:
- Interstate Horses.
- Horses competing in multiple classes
- If bookings exceed stable availability, there will be a waiting list and competitors will be advised by email when a stable becomes available
- Temporary yards of any kind are NOT allowed
- Competitors must use the stable allocated by the Organising Committee for their horse/s
- Horses with behavioural problems in the stables—These MUST be outlined on the Stable Booking Form so that we can allocate stabling accordingly. This is a risk management and safety matter
- Any obvious empty stables are NOT TO BE USED as feed/tack rooms or for any horse for which stabling has not been booked
- No one is to enter the stable of another horse without the owner’s permission and no one is to feed/water a horse that isn’t theirs. If a person has concerns about another competitor’s horse or pony, they should go directly to the events office to report their concerns
HORSE FEED AND BEDDING
- Horse feed and bedding is the responsibility of the competitor.
- The only bedding allowed at WPNEC is the shavings provided. If competitors use any other form of bedding they will be charged a removal fee due to the stablewste collector only being able to collect shavings.
- Horse feed can be ordered through Country Link Rural Supplies and they deliver, contact number is 03 5282 1280.
- If staying on site you must book a camping site
- Sites will be allocated by number
- You must only occupy your own site: Powered site for $20 – Non powered site for $10 per night
- Day Visitors will be parking in K Road parking area and will have no access to the camping area
- CARAVANS may be hired from Eastern Caravan Hire. For all enquiries and bookings, contact them on 0400 679 744 or visit their website www.easterncaravanhire.com.au
Accommodation cannot be arranged, but the following are suggested:
- The Mansion Hotel Werribee Park. Phone 03 9731 4000
- Quest Werribee 69 Synnot St Werribee. Phone 03 8744 6000
- Quest Sanctuary Lakes 9 Greg Norman Drive Point Cook. Phone 03 9394 2100
- Quality Suites Seasons 5 454 Point Cook Rd, Point Cook. Phone 03 8376 5300
- Werribee Park Motor Inn 112 Duncans Road Werribee. Phone 03 9741 7222
- Comfort Inn and Suites 6 Tower Road Werribee. Phone 03 9741 9944
- Carter Cottages 1 College Road Werribee. Phone 0424 867 259
Werribee Park National Equestrian Centre Committee of Management considers it a privilege that you are allowed to bring your dog to this venue. We insist you keep your dog under effective control at all times. No dogs in indoor arenas at any time.
Catering will be available.
EVENT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
The event office will be open from 2 pm Tuesday 6h December. Times for collection of rider bags will be advised closer to the event.
- FEI competitors will be issued with armbands to access the stable block, one pass per rider, one groom’s pass and one pass for the registered EA horse owner (where different to the rider) as listed on entry form.
- Free entry into the Indoor at all times.
- All entry to WPNEC will be by general admission.
- All competitors will receive a complimentary copy of the official program.
Biosecurity Horse Health DeclarationAll EA competitors will be required to sign a Victorian Horse Health Declaration and waiver on arrival at WPNEC before moving any horse to the stable complex. DOWNLOAD BIOSECURITY FORM (PDF)
Ready to enter?
EQUESTRIAN AUSTRALIA ENTRIES OPEN TUES 4th OCTOBER
Have you got all of your horse, rider, owner and other information handy? Check what you need to have ready before you start your entry on Equiscore.
If you do not already have an account with Equiscore, you will first need to Register. From then on, any time you enter any event that uses Equiscore, your details will be recorded and entries that much quicker!
iOS or ANDROID
While you are at the Festival, keep up to date with results, announcements, news direct on your smartphone. Available on the App Store or Google Play, TeamApp is free.
To access all the features, first need to Log In or Sign Up on the TeamApp website. Once you have registered, download Team App from the App Store or Google Play and search for "Victorian Dressage Festival".