Equestrian Victoria Events Special Conditions of Entry
APPLICABLE EQUESTRIAN AUSTRALIA (EA) DOCUMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS
1. This Equestrian Victoria (EV) event is governed by the Equestrian Australia (EA) General Regulations, applicable EA Sports Rules and all relevant EA Codes, policies, bylaws, rules and regulations. The EA Sports rules (i.e. the National Rules for each EA sport or discipline) and regulations may be accessed on the EA website “Discipline Rules & Regulations” page via the following link http://www.equestrian.org.au/rules. The EA Codes, Policies etc. may be accessed on the EA website “Policies & Bylaws” page via the following link http://www.equestrian.org.au/policies.
2. To be eligible to participate in this event you must be a current EV member or current member of an EA state branch. You must also satisfy any further membership or registration requirement (including those for any horse entered) referred to in the General Conditions of Entry for the event (Conditions of Entry) and individual disciplines.
3. The EA National Sports Rules applicable to the event are referred to in the Conditions of Entry.
4. All EA and EV events are subject to the EA Code of Conduct (Code of Conduct). The Code of Conduct can be accessed on the EA website via the following link http://www.equestrian.org.au/sites/default/files/Equestrian_Australia_Code_of_Conduct.pdf. It is important that all members understand that the Code of Conduct also covers parents, guardians and spectators in respect of any activity held or sanctioned by EV or an EA state branch. A key aim of the Code of Conduct is to respect the rights of everyone involved, to abide by all EA rules and requirements, to be fair, considerate, honest and professional in all aspects of the sport.
5. EA and EV are committed to the protection and welfare of its members. The EA Member Protection Policy (MPP) can be accessed on its website via the following link http://www.equestrian.org.au/sites/default/files/Equestrian_Australia_Member_Protection_Policy_updated05072017.pdf. The EA Social Media Policy, which can be accessed via the following link, http://www.equestrian.org.au/sites/default/files/Social%20Media%20Policy.pdf should be read in conjunction with the MPP. These are important documents designed to ensure the safe and fair conduct of the event for everyone involved. They should be read, understood and complied with.
6. EA and EV events are also subject to various codes and regulations designed to protect the horse, the welfare of which is paramount (Horse Welfare Provisions). Entrants and Competitors must familiarise themselves with the Horse Welfare Provisions and ensure that they are complied with. These Provisions may be accessed on the EA website via the following link http://www.equestrian.org.au/policies.
7. If the event is conducted at Werribee Park National Equestrian Centre (WPNEC) the WPNEC Risk Management Conditions shall apply to the event. The Risk Management Conditions can be accessed via the following link http://wpnec.com.au/risk-management/.
ENTRANTS AND COMPETITORS BOUND BY EA DOCUMENTS
8. Entrants and Competitors must familiarise themselves with the provisions of the EA documents referred to above (EA documents) and ensure that they comply with them.
9. By submitting an entry for the event you agree to comply with and be bound by the provisions of the EA documents, these Special Conditions and the Conditions of Entry.
10. If you are the parent or guardian of a participant or competitor under the age of 18 years, by submitting an entry for the event you consent to their participation in the event and undertake to the best of your ability to ensure that they understand and comply with the provisions of the EA documents, these Special Conditions and The Conditions of Entry.
11. If there is any conflict in the interpretation between the provisions of the General Regulations and any of the EA documents, these Special Conditions or the Conditions of Entry, the General Regulations will take precedence. If there is any conflict in the interpretation between the provisions of these Special Conditions and the Conditions of Entry, the Special Conditions will take precedence.
12. The Organising Committee for the event is referred to in the Conditions of Entry. The Organising Committee may at its absolute discretion, decline to receive any entry or return any fee without being liable for any compensation: General Regulation, Article 116.11. The Organising Committee’s decision in relation to any entry for the event shall be final and binding.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND
12. EV or the Organising Committee may cancel the event due to catastrophic conditions, disease or force majeure, or for any other reason at its absolute discretion.
13. If the event is cancelled after it has commenced there will be no refunds. If the event is cancelled prior to commencement the entrant may be entitled to a proportional refund of the entry fees paid. Any such refund will be determined at the absolute discretion of EV, having regard to the direct or fixed costs for the event.
14. Entrants who have provided with their entry an email address and/or mobile phone number will be notified of event cancellation by email and/or text message.
15. The refund policy for withdrawal, scratching or change of an entry is set out in the Conditions of Entry.
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
16. You acknowledge that horse riding, working with or being around horses can be dangerous. Horses can act in sudden and unpredictable ways, especially if frightened or hurt. As a consequence, there is a real risk of damage to property, serious injury or even death. In consideration of acceptance of your entry and participation in the event you agree to release and forever discharge EA, EV, their servants and agents and the Organising Committee and each member thereof from all claims, proceedings or demands for any loss or damage howsoever arising from any accident or incident occurring at the event.
17. In consideration of acceptance of your entry and participation in the event, you agree to indemnify and keep indemnified EA, EV, their servants and agents and the Organising Committee and each member thereof against all claims, proceedings or demands brought by or on behalf of any participant or competitor named in your entry form for any loss or damage howsoever arising from any accident or incident occurring at the event.
Ready to enter?
EQUESTRIAN AUSTRALIA ENTRIES OPEN TUES 4th OCTOBER
Have you got all of your horse, rider, owner and other information handy? Check what you need to have ready before you start your entry on Equiscore.
If you do not already have an account with Equiscore, you will first need to Register. From then on, any time you enter any event that uses Equiscore, your details will be recorded and entries that much quicker!
iOS or ANDROID
While you are at the Festival, keep up to date with results, announcements, news direct on your smartphone. Available on the App Store or Google Play, TeamApp is free.
To access all the features, first need to Log In or Sign Up on the TeamApp website. Once you have registered, download Team App from the App Store or Google Play and search for "Victorian Dressage Festival".